Friday, September 26, 2014

36 weeks!! Just one more month!

Honorable mentions/Updates: ;)

Swelling: Went shopping with a dear friend last week and was up and down out of the car and walking a lot for about 5 hours straight! And my feet did not swell! :) they were extremely sore afterwards but no swelling. And I made sure to stay hydrated! Got home, and sat down on the couch because even though my feet and ankles were not swollen, my feet were very sore haha! My toes looked a little chubby so I think they were a little swollen but not bad! :) so happy about that!

My belly skin has only just now begun to feel itchy. Probably because I haven't been as diligent with applying the cocoa butter belly cream that I usually put on at night. Need to get back to doing that! And maybe start putting it on in the mornings too. If I can remember... I usually zombie-ish in the mornings and stumble around. Even getting out of bed, I look like an unfortunate turtle on its back!

My mommy comes to visit very soon so she can be here for the birth! I'm so excited! She's never been here before and I can't wait to show her around! I am so excited to see her in that role of "grandma" and also have her with me as I labor and deal with the emotional side of childbirth. Because I'm really freaking out on the inside about it! She's a wonderful mommy to me. She has always been an amazing caretaker of her family. And she will be here to take care of me! I'm so blessed I get to call her "Mommy" and that she will be the grandma of our son! I admire her more than I let her know.

I finally got my Fall decorations out!! It's my favorite season and I want to take advantage of this season as much as possible before baby arrives and also before Christmas approaches rapidly because then the Christmas decor comes out :) As a kid, I always dreamed of having my own household to decorate in festive stuff around the holidays ;)

My in-laws will be here to spend Thanksgiving with us!! Really, they're just coming to spend time with their grandson ;) but we are kind of part of that "package deal" that they have to accept :D jk. We are so excited to be with family on Thanksgiving! We spent last year's Thanksgiving with our "Army family" but having real family will be so great too! And this is a great time for them to see "Harry" for their first time instead of having to wait until we go home for Christmas.

Daniel insists he has gained weight because of this pregnancy. Which might be true because I do make him eat when I want to eat lol which is more often than we are used to. But I feel like a big, fat pig if I'm eating alone so I make him want to eat something too and he's a sweetheart so he obliges me! :) but really, if you just look at him, he does NOT look like he has gained any weight! And I'm not just saying that because I love him! Even our pastor made a comment about how he looks like I don't feed him lol!

Daniel is now traveling more with his job, which has left me finding myself extremely unmotivated around the house, ha!

Hospital bags are a work in progress. At least I've started them...

It still does not feel real that we are going to be having a baby! That this baby is eventually going to call me "mommy". I definitely feel pregnant!! But the reality that we are going to have another human in our home is not real...yet.



How far along?: 36 weeks and 1 day.


How big is baby?: Big...jk! "Harry" is about 18.75 inches long - roughly the size of a Crenshaw melon. Weighing about 5.75 lbs!


Morning sickness?: Nah. Just bad heartburn at night. :/


Cravings?: Grapes! And blueberries. And honey graham cereal and cinnamon toast crunch cereal!

And I have been "craving" to go swimming...


Aversions?: Orange juice!!


Mood swings?: I've been grumpy. Knowing Daniel is leaving makes me grumpy... I'm really bad at this Army wife stuff.


Weight gain/loss?: 125.2! Hoping to keep it here! No more pounds to be gained. Please.


Eating?: Haven't been eating a lot because it's uncomfortable.


Wedding ring on or off?: On and off. I take them off some days...my knuckle is fatter but my finger is still normal size. I can tell, because there is no indent of where the rings sit on my finger ;)

I got a cheap set from Walmart for $8.88 to wear on "chubby-knuckle-days" ;)




Maternity clothes?: Yuppp!


Stretch marks?: Same two are still there! One of them is increasing in size and hurting really bad!! And sometimes, Tobalkai jumps on me and scrapes it because it is on the front of my belly :(

Still none on the sides of my belly :) *knocks on wood*!


Sleep?: Not so great...


Best moment this week?: Daniel came home from AZ :)


Movement?: Yes!


Labor signs?: No!


Happy or moody most of the time?: Moody. Mostly because of Daniel's job taking him away :/


What I miss?: Lack of heartburn.


What I am looking forward to?: No more heartburn ;P


Milestones?: Making it into my "4th trimester" as Daniel likes to call it ;) lol!


Anything making you queasy or sick?: Having heartburn makes me queasy and I feel like I'm going to throw up any minute!

Saturday, I woke up feeling very sick - sore throat, runny nose, nauseous.


Upcoming appointments/events?: Chiropractor appointment on Thursday!

A program on post called MOPS (Mother of Preschoolers) is available to mommy's on post from the time of conception! We meet every Thursday morning for fellowship and last week was the first week for this season :) I'm excited to meet more mommies and fellowship with them all. Getting to know them better and making memories together.


Bump picture?:



No comments:

Post a Comment