Thursday, September 11, 2014

34 weeks. 6 weeks to go...

This past week, we've enjoyed being a little more lazy than usual.
We attended childbirth and breastfeeding classes.
And, we have gotten a few things done around the house.
But only a few...
My mommy will be coming into town next month and we are so excited for her to visit for almost a month and be here for the birth of baby "Harry"! :)
Along with my mom's visit, my dad will fly in for a few days as well!

Emotionally, I have been terrified of the birthing/labor process.
But with the childbirth and breastfeeding classes, I feel that the knowledge the instructors shared have begun to make me a little more comfortable! A little.
I am still scared and anxious, but I am also excited. I'm excited to see how I do (haha!) in labor, and I'm excited to have my mom and Daniel by my side through it all! I'm excited to see Daniel in that role of being my labor partner/coach and, then, becoming a father! And, duh, I'm so excited to be holding our baby boy!!



Questionnaire originally written on Thursday but completely forgot to post :/

How far along?: 34 weeks and 3 days.


How big is baby?: Weighing about 4.75 lbs and measuring about 18 inches long, "Harry" is about the size of a cantaloupe!!!!


Morning sickness?: Yes!! I have been nauseous almost everyday this past week...


Cravings?: Juice and/or popsicles.


Aversions?: Nah.


Mood swings?: Yupp!


Weight gain/loss?: Probably more than I want!...haven't been to the dr this week to find out.


Eating?: Same as last week.


Wedding ring on or off?: On. Had to take off once this week because my hands were hot and swollen from this Texas heat.


Maternity clothes?: Well definitely.


Stretch marks?: Two! Right by my belly button......


Sleep?: Still loving naps ;) I have a difficult time getting comfortable and falling asleep.


Best moment this week?: Daniel bought me a special gift :) A Silhouette Cameo!

We are going to be able to use it together and I'm very excited. While gift-giving is not our love language, this gift is very exciting because it is going to present many fun projects we can do together which will be great quality-time!

We also took Toblakai to an event that our community was having, called Puppypalooza. It was held at a park and they opened up the pool for just the dogs! Toblakai LOVES the water. And he certainly loved the day at the park and he was exhausted even before we left!

We also went to Home Depot to get some cheap PVC piping to make a little obstacle course of the sort, in our backyard. Toblakai does great at it and he gets really excited when we take him out there to "work".



Movement?: Yes, of course!! :) one of these days, I hope to get a great video clip to post.


Labor signs?: No!


Happy or moody most of the time?: I think Happy :) 


What I miss?: Chili's raspberry margarita.


What I am looking forward to?: Bringing home baby :)


Milestones?: Hmm...not sure.


Anything making you queasy or sick?: Laying down makes me very queasy. And I get heartburn.


Upcoming appointments/events?: Events? Daniel leaves on business next week :(
Appointments? One next week while Daniel is gone :(




No comments:

Post a Comment