Tuesday, July 15, 2014

26 weeks and specific updates.

Ever feel like you just aren't ready?? That's where I am... If I went into pre-term labor and had this baby this week, I don't know how I would handle it!! I'm just not ready yet...and that's pathetic but it's how I'm currently feeling lol.


But enough about me...

Daniel is doing great! His job is presenting itself with personal challenges (good things!) and additional responsibilities (good...mostly.) There seem to be some changes on the horizon for him, but none that can be talked about just yet! ;)

And contrary to popular belief, Daniel has not gained weight with me! Lol.

Baby is kicking me. All the time. All day long. It's reassuring for me but sometimes gets uncomfortable and hinders my ability to sleep. But it's still awesome, none the less! :) and he seems to favor the right side. Like 95% of the time haha! I have a video to post that shows him moving while I was sitting in the living room.

Toblakai is growing so fast and learning fast as well. His training is going great! He is still not as confident but, he's only three months old. ;) he has some basic commands mastered and a few are his "go-to" favorite tricks. For example, we say "sit", he sits and immediately throws his paw, or both, at us to "shake"...silly boy ;)

Texas is still great and beautiful! Daniel and I are still madly in love... just in case you were wondering! ;P the nursery is coming along slowly, but surely! The dishes and laundry are a constant battle for me...like always lol. They seem to continue to pile up no matter how hard I try! I know, I know; just wait until there's another mouth to feed and body to clothe... oh boy! Literally... ;)

The nursery is a slow process but it's getting there! I was stuck on what I wanted to do in there so that put any and all motivation to a halt for a few weeks. But I do believe we've decided that brown and blue will be good colors. Not too overbearing and it just fits with the majority of the things we were gifted at our lovely baby showers! :) we are not able to paint the room, because we are renting this house. But we are going to try our best to make it look good ;) we have the crib and changing table set up! And Daniel hung the curtain this weekend. I love it so far! We bought the glider and it's so cute in the little corner. I will post pictures on the blog sometime after we get everything washed and put away. The room is going to double as the spare bedroom as well as the nursery so it is somewhat crammed in there but the baby is not even going to know the difference lol. When he's older, he can have his own room. But, for now, we are in the Army, making do with the space we have. And I believe it will work :) it's not ideal, but every new family starts somewhere ;)

Our aquaponics system in the backyard (oh pooey, I forgot to write a complete post about that like I promised :/ oops!) it's doing well. Well enough...the goldfish died off rapidly and then we thought the levels were good enough to add the catfish...but those are dying off rapidly too! :/ I think ponds are gross (fishy, algae-y water just irks me) but Daniel says it's normal to be that way (the algae is mostly what grosses me out!). The plants are doing great! We had a casualty with my cilantro :( but I really don't know the first thing about growing cilantro so I wasn't surprised it didn't last.

We will continue to do more work on the house, inside and out! And we are looking forward to having visitors these next few months :)


How far along?: 26 weeks and 3 days.


How big is baby?: 14 in. About the size of a hothouse cucumber. Weighing about 1.75 lbs!! :O


Morning sickness?: Nah.


Cravings?: Blueberries!!


Aversions?: The thought of any fried foods have made my appetite drop.


Mood swings?: Yesss!


Weight gain/loss?: 113.7.0 lbs so I have lost 1.3 lbs this week. Total weight gain is at 17.1 lbs!


Eating?: Eating is getting to be very uncomfortable. After I eat or drink (even just water) I feel as though I need to throw it up right away!! And it's not because I'm nauseous, so it's weird! It almost feels like that because my stomach can't hold it so it wants to reject it. I think my stomach is shrinking in size from being pushed against ;P


Wedding ring on or off?: On and really loose :/


Maternity clothes?: Sometimes. Been wearing my normal jeans with a belly band. Those things are great inventions!!


Stretch marks?: Nope!


Sleep?: Sleep has been cruel. Waking up all the time and his moving around wakes me up during the night. Just getting me prepared for those midnight feedings ;P


Best moment this week?: Had a dr appt and Daniel saw my belly button poke out for the first time when I tried to sit up from the bed...his face was priceless! It was an "Oh, gross! What is happening to that thing!" look lol!! He's not quite ready for the gross part of having a baby; childbirth to be more specific.


Movement?: All the time! Every hour! He's a strong boy! Sometimes, he'll move/kick so hard, my entire body jolts!


 Gender?: Boy!!


Labor signs?: Braxton Hicks have decreased to only about every few days now.


Belly button - in or out?: It's still half way out...


Showing?: Yep, and I feel like anywhere I go, everyone is staring at the belly...


Happy or moody most of the time?: So moody!


What I miss?: Sleeping/laying on my stomach!


What I am looking forward to?: Family coming to visit!!


Milestones?: I can't think of any...


Anything making you queasy or sick?: The thought of childbirth has begun to make me queasy but I think it's mostly because I'm just anxious and nervous about it anyway soo...


Upcoming appointments/events?: Family is coming into town and we are very excited! First up, Daniel's mom will be here in August. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment