Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Change of plans

13 weeks is the new answer to "How far along are you?" I was mistaken with my last post about only being 10 weeks. So really, that bump picture is wrong haha! :P

Had an ultrasound Friday morning for part 1 of the sequential screening tests and the baby was measuring at ~6.5cm!



Baby's heart rate is about 160s.

The doctor said the baby's neck measurements behind the neck look great and that we have nothing, initially, to worry about. They only took one vial of blood-work. :)



As a gift from Daniel's parent's, we got a couples' massage in Round Rock after the appointment and ohhh myyy! It felt so good! It was a prenatal massage and even though she couldn't use a lot of pressure it was still very relaxing and she got all the knots out of my shoulders and upper back! Hallelujah! She also focused on my lower back which has really been bothering me lately - I've heard that that only gets worse the further along I get :/ ugh...

On the way to our massage, a tire popped up out of nowhere and struck our windshield! Scared both Daniel and I but the car is unharmed - thank goodness!

The massage place was right next to Ikea so we went there and got a new dresser.

We went to a natural gardening center in Bee Cave (2 hours south of home) and it was huge! They had everything I could ever imagine. They even had goats... We got a lot of plants and shale for our new project (separate post coming sometime next week) that is going to go up in our backyard! Pretty excited about it but not as excited as Daniel. He has put hours and hours into researching and planning this thing - it is going to be awesome! :)




After only about 20 minutes, all I wanted to do at the natural gardening center was sit down! I almost just sat on the ground - but I was in a dress so I refrained. It was a really pretty place though!

We left at around 5:30pm, I was really tired and uncomfortable and Daniel wasn't hungry for dinner yet so we decided to change our original plan of going to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory in Austin and head home instead. During the 2 hour drive home, we developed an appetite so we stopped on the way at a local restaurant called "BJ's Restaurant & Brewery". I wasn't overly excited about our experience (mostly because we waited 45 minutes when we were told 30 minutes - ha! The curse of having worked in restaurants in my younger days :P) but they had in house brewed root-beer and it was delicious!! Daniel and I talked about it all weekend! The food was yummy and I had leftovers. The waitress was hitting on Daniel - hahaha! :) How cute!

We got home late and decided to head to bed pretty much right away. Got up early the next morning to go to the Post Wide Yard Sale, here at Fort Hood! Scored a crib and changing table (in great condition - no teeth marks haha!) for $80...and set it up that night :P Yes, we are getting started very early! But I am determined to have as much ready as possible before I get into my third trimester. And that is only 11 weeks away! Sounds like we have time but I know that those weeks are going to just fly by.

So now that we've determined that I'm in my 13th week, I will post another Pregnancy Progress Post along with an accurate bump picture ;) check back tomorrow! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment