Sunday, April 6, 2014

A Lil' Miracle


You might remember, weeks ago, I posted about God's timing pertaining to the questions of "when are ya'll gonna have kids??" Take comfort in knowing that God's timing is perfect and that His timing is NOW!! ;)


It is true!! We will be expanding our little love life this October. <3 We can't imagine how much our love can grow for this life we have together until we meet our new little one! And we are so excited!!

Family is excited as well and their support, along with the support from our friends, has been so wonderful.

We would like to share a few things with you all right off the bat!

I am ~10 weeks along already. We found out because I wanted McDonald's for dinner. That, alone, told us that things were not "normal"!!

We took a home pregnancy test together and then went to my doctor the next day to get it confirmed. (We were both in kind of denial after the home test.)

It was a week before I was set to depart to go to Georgia to visit family for a month while Daniel was sent to Army training in California.

Because it was so close to when I would be with family, we decided that I would tell them while I was there and not wait until after the first trimester. Risky, but we knew we had great support from everyone if anything were/is to happen! We also believe in the sovereignty of our Lord and Savior!! <3

It was a Saturday night when we told our parents together after dinner. Daniel was on speaker phone, telling them all "hi" and, then, eventually our big news!! :)


They did not believe him, at first, but my crying and video taping gave it away, I think ;)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now for the pregnancy questionnaire:

How far along?: 10 weeks.

How big is baby?: 1.5 inches - about the size of a fig.

Morning sickness?: Yes, and night sickness as well!

Cravings?: Just that one time of wanting McDonald's. I want, but not really crave, more of orange juice and grapes and apple juice and cold water! Anything refreshing really!

Aversions?: None that I can think of right now...

Mood swings?: I wouldn't say I have them...yet...but you'd have to ask Daniel I guess ;P

Weight gain/loss?: I have a strong feeling that I am really going to regret having this question on each weeks progress post. My starting weight was 96.6. I have not yet had another dr appt to see what the weight gain has been in the past month.

Eating?: I can't eat nearly as much as I used to eat. I have even sat down for a meal and taken two bites and been completely full!! Not because I'm nauseous; it has just been because I get full really fast now.

Wedding ring on or off?: Still on ;)

Maternity clothes?: Not yet... (except for the bump progress pictures we just started - I'm going to wear the same outfit in every pic so it shows the progress better.)

Stretch marks?: Well, not yet...

Sleep?: I get up 3-4 times during the night. Falling asleep has yet to be a problem! Waking up is miserable - like it always has been. ;P The nausea is bad even at night so sleeping is very pleasant during this stage! Well, aside from the waking up 3-4 times.

Best moment this week?: Daniel came home!! :) I traveled home to Texas from Georgia. Miss family but being home is great! I've cleaned...a lot. People call it 'nesting' ;) hehe!

Movement?: None that I can feel but we saw a lot of it during the ultrasound that my bridesmaid, and great friend, Mindy did while I was in Georgia. Here are a few images and a video :) Thanks again, Mindy!!!! <3

Gender?: We don't know yet ;)

Labor signs?: Oh no! Thank goodness! Too soon.

Belly button - in or out?: Still in!

Showing?: Not yet. Friends have said, "Oh, I see a little bump." but really, it's just fat because I stopped working out :/

Happy or moody most of the time?: Ask my husband.

What I miss?: Raspberry Margaritas from Chili's. And coffee.

What I am looking forward to?: Showing. I'm at the bloated stage and it only looks like I had too much lunch! I look forward to not needing to suck it in...

Milestones?: Made the trip to and from Georgia and visited family and friends without dropping out of exhaustion.

 Anything making you queasy or sick?: Overeating makes me more nauseous than usual!

Upcoming appointments/events?: We are going camping this summer and I am looking forward to it just hoping the pregnancy doesn't get in the way. We have a genetics appointment on the 7th and a dr appt on the 8th.

Bump picture?:

No comments:

Post a Comment