Wednesday, April 16, 2014

13 weeks along!

Our very first, "official" doctor appointment last week (8-Apr) went well. The doctor was very nice and kind. Unfortunately, she will not continue to be my doctor because she is PCS'ing (Army term for "moving"/"getting stationed elsewhere" Haha!) to Colorado. :(

She told me a few things I never knew about pregnancy and she reiterated a few things I already knew just by reading and by the free apps I downloaded onto my iPhone haha! (This is the world we live in...)

She let us hear the heartbeat for the first time but it was more terrifying than exciting because it took her what felt like hours to find the heartbeat. Her facial expression never changed and she appeared pretty confident (or maybe it was because she was a Major in the Army - ha!) but we were still very scared! It was probably only about 3-4 minutes, but it really felt like forever!! Finally, we heard it! :) It was fast and rapid - in the 170s.

We had an ultrasound for part 1 of the sequential screening (on 11-Apr) and we were able to see the baby! It was Daniel's first time experiencing an ultrasound and that was special for us!! The doctor showed us pretty much every single possible angle and that was really cool. The baby was moving a lot but then chilled out towards the end haha!


So...
  
How far along?: 13 weeks and 2 days.


How big is baby?: ~6.5cm - about the size of a peach. Weighing about .81 oz!


Morning sickness?: Not so much the past week, but yesterday morning was full blown morning sickness. Hugging of the toilet included! :/ And today I have felt gross and sick all day long.


Cravings?: Anything refreshing! Grapes mostly...


Aversions?: My sense of smell is strong so anything too strong (even if it smells good) makes me nauseous.


Mood swings?: Yes, and I've had the urge to cry with no legit reason at all!


Weight gain/loss?: I'm at 98.4lbs now - almost in the triple digits, according to Daniel >_<


Eating?: I eat fine. We have been eating out more frequently then we used to. Getting back to eating healthy this week :)


Wedding ring on or off?: Still on ;)


Maternity clothes?: Nope. They are purchased (Thank you to my beautiful MIL for taking me shopping when I was home), washed, put-away, and ready to go though ;)


Stretch marks?: Not yet!!


Sleep?: I am constantly waking up during the night. Falling asleep is getting more difficult! I read before bed to try to help with unwinding and falling asleep. Waking up is miserable - like it always has been. ;P I have crazy, weird dreams and I wake up after almost every dream. One example of how crazy, and completely stupid, my dreams can be: I was drinking a beer that someone gave me and I did not know I was pregnant until after I finished the beer! Weird part was, I finished the beer! I never finish a beer! :P But no, really, I was so scared and I started to panic and told Daniel, "We have to get this baby out of me! I just drank a beer and it's going to hurt HIM!" Yes, I called it a 'him' haha!


Best moment this week?: Had a dentist appointment! I love the dentist!! And, the ultrasound we had for the sequential screening - we found out that the fluid behind the neck is measuring great and that is a relief to know the baby is on track to being healthy. Anything can happen and we will love it just the same! Our baby is in God's hands as He is our creator :)


Movement?: I have not felt anything yet...the ultrasound on Friday showed quite a lot of movement and that was cool.


 Gender?: We don't know yet ;) about 8 weeks until we find out!! Oh, the countdown begins...


 Labor signs?: No no! Too soon for that mess.


Belly button - in or out?: In!


Showing?: Just bloated still.


Happy or moody most of the time?: Moody!! Poor, poor Daniel :/


What I miss?: Coffee. And last night I was wanting a beer with dinner.


What I am looking forward to?: Showing. And wearing those comfortable maternity clothes everyone talks about ;P My Mother-in-law bought me some from Kohl's and they are so cute! :)


Milestones?: We got the crib and changing table set up! Just need a mattress and bedding, and the baby will have somewhere to sleep :) Also, making it into the second trimester where the nausea is at a minimum (but still exists) and my energy level is heightened  - which is great at this point because Daniel has chosen this past weekend to start the big project!


Anything making you queasy or sick?: Naturally, nasty smells make me queasy.


Upcoming appointments/events?: I will be seeing my doctor about my hip because it is really bothering me and I know that the more weight I put on, the worse it is going to get. I need to get it looked at before it gets any worse!! It is painful to walk, sit, stand, bend over... :/


Bump picture?:Will take and post it as soon as Daniel gets home from bible study tonight :)

Update:
Here you go! It's a pretty bad angle and it was late...


No comments:

Post a Comment