Sunday, August 10, 2014

29 weeks!

Originally written on Wednesday but forgot to "post".


Daniel can't believe it either.
29 weeks.
The time is flying by and I cannot believe we have only ~10 weeks until we hold our sweet baby boy!!

Some "just because" pictures from this week:

He's at it again! Laying down at his water bowl ;)

He didn't like it when I knitted this week...he kept biting my needle.

So Daniel has made me realize a lot about myself! One of which, I'm "weird" when it comes to eating corn on the cob. Which I love corn, by the way! Apparently, eating it row by row is unusual. Because Daniel eats his random. But, to me, his way is weird for the simple fact that he misses kernels!! This is our life ;P

Our aquaponics system is doing great! Almost too great...so much produce growing, we are barely able to keep up with it all ;P


There is still work to be done to it and Toblakai has taken a liking to the bamboo so we've found him chewing on it :/ but that's our own fault for letting him get bored lol.
The cover over it was to cool it down from the blazing Texas sun because some of the plants were getting burnt and we think the fish's water was getting too hot...

Tomatoes!
"Juliet tomatoes" but to me, they look kind of NOT like a tomato...at all lol.
So much green!!!! :D


A couple "highlights" from this week:
(pretty much just things I feel like sharing/giving mentions to...) ;)

  • We bought a new computer (desktop), and it has Windows 8.1. I don't get it. Off to watch YouTube videos titled "Windows 8 for Dummies"...


Update: This video was pretty helpful! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2chVtfIrhY

  • We attended a carseat safety course at the local fire department. It consisted of a 15 minute video and after, we received a convertible carseat! Pretty sweet!


  • I got a belly support band from my doctor. She prescribed it when I mentioned my discomfort with Sciatica. It looks uncomfortable but it has been great!!


  • My mother is an amazing woman! She is strong, caring, gracious, and incredibly patient!! And, also beautiful inside AND out! My family is going through a really really hard time right now, and she is sacrificing so much and staying strong for everyone involved.



How far along?: 29 weeks and 3 days.


How big is baby?: 15.25 in. About the size of a butternut squash. Weighing almost 2.5 lbs...though I would argue that he's about 8 lbs right now!! :P


Morning sickness?: No.


Cravings?: Pretzels. And crushed ice.


Aversions?: Nothing this week.


Mood swings?: Yes...


Weight gain/loss?: 117.0 lbs!!!! I promise you, I will cry when I reach more than 120.


Eating?: I have been SO bad these past two weeks. Eating unhealthy and eating out more than eating at home. :/ I have to stop!! I can feel my stomach expanding and my chin duplicating!


Wedding ring on or off?: Definitely still on!


Maternity clothes?: Pretty much every time we go somewhere. Which isn't very often but when it does happen, I go for the larger clothing ;P


Stretch marks?: Nope.


Sleep?: Still the same...not sleeping well at night and having a difficult time falling asleep. My now daily 2 hour nap during the day is when I sleep best.


Best moment this week?: It's been a rough week for me, emotionally. I suppose my worst moment could be the best moment, in that, it was God's plans and not my plans! Basically, I planned to work throughout this pregnancy and, even still, after the baby was born! I worked part time, for a wonderful company, doing what I love, in the comfort of our home here in Texas. But that came to an end on Thursday. I miss the job dearly and I look forward to resuming work for them when we return to Georgia :) I know this is for the best and it only allows me to give more attention to my health and to baby boy when he arrives!


Movement?: All day long. It seems like he never rests...


Gender?: This question can be deleted...it's still a boy, as far as we know lol.


Labor signs?: Nothing to be concerned about.


Belly button - in or out?: Barely in but not yet fully out.


Happy or moody most of the time?: I cannot lie, I've been moody. For many reasons.


What I miss?: Having abs...not that I had great ones prior but they were at least there!


What I am looking forward to?: Rocking and feeding baby boy in the nursery.


Milestones?: My back has officially starred hurting lol.


Anything making you queasy or sick?: Nope.


Upcoming appointments/events?: I had the one hour glucose test this morning. And they took blood...bleh!

Bump picture?:

We forgot this week :/

No comments:

Post a Comment