Saturday, August 23, 2014

It is well with my soul.

My maternal grandfather passed away today! Please pray for my family. I am not able to travel now that I am in my third trimester, so I will not make it home. This is a very difficult time. He was an amazing man that will truly be missed! We take solace in knowing he is no longer in pain and he is cradling baby Tripp in heaven. <3 He will forever be missed. I hope to make him proud! Our hearts are broken. Miss you always, Grampa! I will always cherish every moment we had with him. I still have not accepted the reality that he is no longer here. Going back home to Georgia is going to be forever different...

His laugh was like none other!! <3


My mother-in-law flew in today and we are very excited to have her visit for a week!! :) She will be here until Sunday and we plan on working on the nursery together!



I do believe this is my "happy place" in this pregnancy, both physically and emotionally. I'm big and fat and uncomfortable already, but "Harry" is moving all around so much that I enjoy just feeling him, most of the time. There are times when he hurts me but for the most part, I love feeling him move! And making Daniel feel him too! Haha. I'm enjoying getting all the baby stuff ready and we are both excited for "Harry" to be here ;) aside from him taking over my body, I physically feel ok and content with my weight. The "honeymoon" trimester (the second trimester) was not fun because I just looked fat but now I actually feel pregnant and I think strangers recognize I'm pregnant and not just eating big meals! ;P I am finding myself to be more and more happy and excited for baby boy's arrival. I almost want to stay in this stage and not get any bigger but I know that the further along I am, the closer we get to meeting our baby!





How far along?: 31 weeks.


How big is baby?: About 16.25 inches long. Weighing almost 3.3 lbs!! Oh my...


Morning sickness?: Nope.


Cravings?: Ramen noodles.


Aversions?: Nah.


Mood swings?: Probably!


Weight gain/loss?: 117.8 lbs!


Eating?: Eating has been ok. I often feel like the food is staying in my esophagus which is uncomfortable.


Wedding ring on or off?: On!!


Maternity clothes?: Most of the time when we go somewhere.


Stretch marks?: Not yet.


Sleep?: I do not sleep well most nights. So thankful for Daniel. He is an outstanding husband! He is so compassionate and understanding.


Best moment this week?: I have a few:

My mother-in-law flew in today to visit for a week! :)

Also, on Thursday, last week, I had a wonderful lunch date with my old piano teacher and her father. It was so great seeing them! Hadn't seen them since our wedding. :) they live in Texas now so we met up because, why not?! ;)


Then, on Friday night, I took Daniel on a dinner date to Salado. One of my favorite little towns here in Texas, about 45 minutes away from our house. We have been a couple of times since moving here last year! There is a small river that runs through the town and there are many different cute shops, wine houses, and cafés.

I found a gift certificate on Restaurants.com for a nice, fancy ;) restaurant on the river. It was for $50 worth of food for $8! :D

We had a very yummy dinner and loved getting away for just a few hours and enjoy each other! Because once "Harry" gets here, we won't have that kind of freedom!



Movement?: Yep! <3



Labor signs?: Same 'ol Braxton Hicks...


Belly button - in or out?: It's pretty out there...


Happy or moody most of the time?: Moody. 


What I miss?: Being able to cross my legs...


What I am looking forward to?: Losing this baby weight!


Milestones?: Went to the chiropractor on Thursday! So excited about going back and seeing a decrease in my pain.


Anything making you queasy or sick?: Nah.


Upcoming appointments/events?: Still waiting for my glucose test results...


Bump picture?:



No comments:

Post a Comment