Wednesday, October 8, 2014

38 weeks!


There are many things they say about being pregnant. "You get control of the remote." "You have the right to be grumpy." "Get sleep now, while you still can!" "You're growing another person; you're not fat!" and "You will take over the entire bed, and will use more pillows than you ever thought possible. Husband will end up on the couch." Well, let it be known, I do NOT get more than half the bed! In fact, Daniel sleeps in the middle of the bed!! Literally. I would take a picture for proof, but I won't. For his sake ;)

We have tossed names around for baby "Harry" and we do believe we have decided and agreed! But we are not sharing until he is born :) I can't decide 100% yet...I want to wait until he is here with us :)

Our aquaponics system in the backyard is doing great! We had a 'hiccup' where one of the melon vines were taking over and stealing nutrients from everything else, so we pulled it out and now everything is doing great! Sunday, we harvested our first batch of green beans. And they are delicious! We typically buy green beans pretty much every week at the grocery store. But these are organic, and delicious, and we love to eat these raw! And along with the green beans, we also had some spinach that was ready and a jalapeno. Mmm :)


My feet have swollen a teeny-tiny bit. And the only way I can tell, is when I went to put on shoes. They were a little snug but nothing to keep me from wearing them. It wasn't to the point of being uncomfortable, I could just tell I didn't have as much room in them as before.

Fingers are not swollen but the knuckles are!! Hence, why I cannot wear my wedding rings anymore :/ I can't get them over my knuckle lol.

This past weekend, we took Toblakai to the park! It was GORGEOUS outside and it was a perfect day to be out. Toblakai of course loved it and ran around and chased the ball and caught the Frisbee...well, tried to catch the Frisbee. We're working on it...


The nursery is pretty much complete. Granted, baby boy will not be sleeping in his crib for the first three months, at least!! We will co-sleep (not bed-share!) with him, as that is proven to reduce the risk of SIDS. (You may do your own research on that). We got a great co-sleeper that will go right next to our bed on my side and will allow for easier nights so I do not have to move much for feedings ;P This is the model we got! I love it!!


With that being said, the nursery is ready, in that, the crib is ready, the baby monitor is set up and charged, all the clothes are washed and put away, baby books are on the bookshelves, and the rocker is ready for rocking :)



Baby "Harry" is definitely in the correct position. A position great for kicking on my ribs now! It feels like a lot of pressure and some pain. I'm so glad and thankful he is in the correct position, and now, we are just staying hopeful that he STAYS in the correct position :) This image is from one of the many apps I've been using during this pregnancy... It can give you an idea of how baby is positioned right now.


Baby also loves, or maybe he hates, food because he jumps all around after I eat. Which most babies do...but I can definitely tell that it wakes him. Rubbing and scratching my belly also wakes him up...In other words, I feel him moving ALL the time! :) It is great reassurance!

Daniel and I are very excited to meet our little boy! So much so, that we are hoping it happens like tomorrow...or the next day! But we also pull each other back and remind each other that God knows the perfect time :) Also, I would like for my mom to be here before I actually go to the hospital! She is going to be a big support for me and I do not want to do this without her!

Our hospital bags are all ready to go!!



**Wrote on Monday, the 6th but completely forgot to post.**


How far along?: 38 weeks!!!! He could come any minute now. And that would be wonderful ;)


How big is baby?: 6.8 lbs. About the size of a leek (a what?!) and about 19.75 inches.


Morning sickness?: Nope!


Cravings?: Grapes! I can never have enough grapes!! I almost went to the grocery store and bought three pounds of them today. I wanted them THAT bad. But that's a lot of sugar so I refrained :)


Aversions?: Nah...


Mood swings?: Yes.


Weight gain/loss?: 127.0! But I had just eaten before my appointment so I'm blaming those numbers on the food ;) REALLY hoping to not gain anymore for the rest of the pregnancy!! Wish me luck ;P


Eating?: I am eating enough...definitely enough! And probably too much. But it is uncomfortable whenever I do eat. Just so much pressure and feeling like it's going to come back up...


Wedding ring on or off?: Still off. Unfortunately, I think it's going to stay off until way after baby boy comes. My fingers are not swollen; it's my joints in my knuckles that are bigger. So this cheapo ring set from WalMart is too lose when on but my wedding set won't make it over my knuckle anymore so it's staying off until I'm no longer afraid of it getting stuck!


Maternity clothes?: Every day. Unless I'm home all day...then it's maxi skirts and a tshirt or sweatpants and a tshirt ;P


Stretch marks?: Now only two... Two of the four faded away and I can't see them. But the big ones are still there. And they are dark! AND they look like they are getting even bigger still.


Sleep?: I had a couple Braxton Hicks wake me up in the middle of the night because they were pretty painful and tight. Other than that, sleep is still the same... I'm constantly tired throughout the day and wish I had energy to get things done around the house!


Best moment this week?: We paid off our car! Our only debt is gone! Daniel and I picked out this car together when we were dating. Two years and two months later, it is now officially our's! Well, technically, Daniel is the owner ;) When Daniel got stationed in Texas, he did not have a car. He knew he was going to buy one but he waited until I was visiting so we could go together. He wanted something that was a good "family car" that would get great gas mileage for the long road trips we would take in the future. ;)

August 16th, 2012. We test drove about three different cars! This was a nice Honda but not the one...
This was the next day, waiting at the dealership for 4 hours to get this car!
 August 18th, it was officially Daniel's car!

So by paying double payments each month, we managed to pay it off in two years and two months instead of the full five years!! Huge accomplishment for us :)


Movement?: All the time! Every 20 minutes, at least!!


Labor signs?: Pretty frequent Braxton Hicks...but nothing intense.


Happy or moody most of the time?: Moody... according to Daniel, I've been extremely moody this week. I told him, it's because I'm freaking ready to get this baby out!! LOL.


What I miss?: Being comfortable. And able to move around without the constant discomfort in my entire body...from my head to my toes.


What I am looking forward to?: I'm terrified of labor and delivery but at the same time, I'm really looking forward to going into labor and experiencing everything I've learned through the birthing classes we went to. I'm looking forward to holding our baby boy and seeing Daniel hold him! <3

And, I'm really looking forward to my mommy's arrival! She is coming to visit to be here to support me through the birthing process and to help out :) We are so excited as this will be her first time coming to visit us here in Texas!


Milestones?: We are at 38 weeks...and baby "Harry" is in the correct position!


Anything making you queasy or sick?: Nope.


Upcoming appointments/events?: Our home visitor comes tomorrow to educate us on labor and birthing positions.

I have a Chiropractor appointment on Thursday.

I had a dr appointment with a midwife on Monday and it went well! Baby's heart rate is at 137bmp and my blood pressure looks great.

I am having my hospital gown custom made and I get to pick it up on Friday! :)

I have a dentist appointment coming up so of course I'm excited about that because I LOVE the dentist!! :)

My Mommy arrives on Sunday!! Unless I go into labor before then, then she will get on the next flight out of Atlanta. :P


Bump picture?: 
Technically, I am 37 weeks and 5 days in this pic but it's going to be the bump picture for the week because it is from our maternity shoot that a sweet friend did for us! :)

And while we're here, I'll post more from the maternity shoot. Thanks again, Ali! :)





Thank you, Ali! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment