Thursday, November 13, 2014

Two weeks old!

Kaladin's second week with us.

This time with him has been absolutely wonderful!

He is developing great and he just had another well-baby appointment yesterday. He started getting a diaper rash so the doctor gave us an ointment for that. But other than the inevitable newborn diaper rash, everything else looked great!! I asked the doctor what I did wrong to cause him to get a diaper rash and she said "nothing!" I am that mom that is worried about failing her child :/

He's a healthy baby boy and we are so blessed. He now weighs 7lbs 11oz!


At the appointment, though, they had to do another heel prick to test his blood for other numerous things and, again, that hurt me worse than it hurt him :( I had to plug my ears. But he still didn't cry for very long...and then he peed on himself! Haha! (Sorry buddy...I had to share!)

We went to the park to get some family pictures.


I love the above picture in black and white:






In addition to being new parents, we are also still very happily married and desire to always put each other first. Daniel planned for a babysitter ;P (my Mommy, hehe!) so he could take me out for a date on Friday night! <3 We spent quality time together and were able to just talk and visit. It is wonderful to spend a nice evening out with your best friend :)

While I was pregnant, I did not eat steak. I do not enjoy steak unless it is cooked medium rare so why eat steak at all unless it's medium rare ;) On our date night, I splurged and ordered a very scrumptious sirloin (my absolute favorite). It was delicious!!!! And the restaurant was a cute, quaint place in Belton, TX.


We left the baby with my mom and we also left the dog... he wasn't too happy for us to be gone. Mom said he sat at the door when we left :( lol.


Daniel is an amazing father to Kaladin! He got ten days of paternity leave from work but Sunday night, he had to wake up early to go back to work the next morning, but he took extra moments before bed to sing to Kaladin :) I couldn't help but capture the moment.


I love snuggling with Kaladin when he's sleeping...which is often. ;)



When he's awake, he is so much fun! And he makes the funniest faces when he's sleeping. And every day, there is a new face discovered.
















Sunday night/Monday morning, Kaladin decided that 4am was a good time to wake up and stay awake for about 3 hours. He just stared at me...


...and then he finally got sleepy! Haha! (He's yawning...not crying, I promise!)


He found his nose this week...


He has the nursing blister. :)


His sneezes are adorable! And sometimes, he sighs afterwards and it is possibly the cutest thing in the world. I'm hoping to get a video of it. *crosses fingers* ;) but until I can capture it on video, here's a picture of him sneezing!


At his doctor appointment, they gave us the "go-ahead" to give him his first 'real' bath and Daniel was so excited!! Come to find out, Kaladin LOVED it. I was nervous to know how he would react, as every baby is different. Some babies love the water; others hate it. So I was relieved and glad Kaladin enjoyed it, because that meant less crying and discomfort for our sweet boy :) And that makes for a very happy mommy ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment