Sunday, June 30, 2013

Popular inquiries pt. 2

We get asked a lot of questions. Being in a new place, having moved away... -they just come from all sides! It's awesome - I love question-and-answer conversations :)

Along with all the great questions we get, we also get the question, "So where are you living now?" Answer, Fort Hood, Texas. It's about an hour North of Austin. (If I'm driving... but add forty-five minutes to that if Daniel is driving! ;P)

That answer then leads into the following conversation:


"OH! Fort Hood!!
That's where that shooting happened!!
Have you heard anything?
What's happening with the trial?
What jail is he in?
Where is he from?
Have you ever seen him?
What does he look like?"


That is what Fort Hood is known for, I guess! I can honestly say, I know nothing about it. But I just found this article yesterday. Pretty interesting and yet so heartbreaking for the families that lost loved ones due to this mad man's actions! I cannot imagine how frustrated the families must be that the defense attorneys have continued to delay the trial!

So, there you have it. We live in Fort Hood. Where a crazy man killed 13 innocent people.

I had never even heard of this trial until Daniel got stationed here. But it is what a lot of people think of when they hear "Fort Hood."

No comments:

Post a Comment